Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress, who works overwhelmingly in Bollywood. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry and is the recipient of several honors. She is also called in the Bollywood Industry as a One Take Actor. Let’s check out some fascinating realities about her.
Kangana was born on 23 March 1986 (age 34 years; as in 2020) in Bhambla, a modest town in Himachal Pradesh, India. She was quite stubborn and rebellious since childhood. Kangna had a keen interest in fashion right from her teenage. She usually tried different things with her looks and wore garments that appeared to be bizarre to her neighbors.
Ranaut has completed her schooling from DAV School, Chandigarh with science stream. Initially, she wanted to be a doctor on the demand of her parents. However, a failed unit test in chemistry drove her to change her brain and regardless being prepared for AIPMT, she did not turn up for the exam. As per Kangana, while going DAV School in Chandigarh, Ranita and Bondina were her roommates in the hostel, and they were called “Charlie’s Angel.”
Her mother wanted to get her married at the age of 16 however Kangana was determined to discover her space and freedom. So, she left her college halfway and migrated to Delhi.
In Delhi, she joined the Elite Modelling Agency where she briefly worked as a model. Afterward, she joined the Asmita Theatre Group and got prepared under the direction of theatre director Arvind Gaur. Kangana participated in many plays including Girish Karnad’s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan) and a positive response from the crowd inspired her to move to Mumbai. She enrolled herself in Asha Chandra’s drama school for a four-month acting course. After making her debut in Gangster (2006), she was honoured by her school principal ma’am Dr Sachdeva delegated her the “Pride of DAV.”
The brown-eyed actress is approx 5’ 5” tall and weighs around 52 Kg. She has curly black hair.
Family & Boyfriends
Kangana was born into a well-off Rajput landlord family. Her dad, Amardeep Ranaut, is a businessman and contractor and her mom, Asha Ranaut, is a school teacher.
She has an elder sister named Rangoli and a younger brother named Akshit Ranaut.
Kangana began dating Aditya Pancholi while she was still struggling. He was a married man and 20 years elder to her; still, nothing stopped them from romantic engagement. They seperated up owing to physical abuse faced by Kangana.
Next, there was rumoured abut her that she is dating Ajay Devgn during the shoot of Once Upon A Time In Mumbai.
After that, Kangana went into a short time relationship with a British Doctor, Nicholas Lafferty.
Later, she started dating Hrithik Roshan. Their relationship which turned out to be one of the gossiped relationships of the Bollywood ended with a legal battle.
Kangana made a debut in the Bollywood with the romantic thriller, “Gangster.” She was only 17 while filming and described her craft as raw and immature. The film emerged as a commercial success and her role was applauded by the crowd.
Kangana’s next role was in Mohit Suri’s Woh Lamhe (2006), which was a semi-biographical film based on Parveen Babi’s relationship with the director Mahesh Bhatt. The film remained decently successful at the cinema world
Ranaut got praise for playing emotionally intense characters in films like Life in a Metro (2007) and Fashion (2008).
In 2009, Kangana featured in the economically successful movie Raaz: The Mystery Continues followed by Once Upon A Time In Mumbai the next year. She played a comic role opposite R. Madhavan in the box office hit, Tanu Weds Manu.
Next, she played a series of brief marvelous roles before playing the role of a mutant opposite Hrithik Roshan in Krrish 3. Kangana went onto play a naive woman in the comedy-drama, Queen, which positioned as the most successful Hindi film featuring a female protagonist. In 2015, Kangana played a double role in the movie “Tanu Weds Manu Return”.
- While Kangana was still a struggler, She engaged with much older and already married Aditya Pancholi. Their affair ended on an ugly note after he physically assaulted the actress in an auto-rickshaw when she blamed him of infidelity and manipulation. The actress later filed a police complaint against him.
- Adhyayan Suman, son of Shekhar Suman, claimed that Kangana demolished her life and badgered him emotionally. He, in his detailed interview with a leading newspaper, described how he was assaulted and abused by the actress. He also claimed that she performed some black magic on him.
- Kangana is very well known for making some bold statements. She called huge trouble for herself during a chat show by saying, “Just good friends could be friendship plus sex partner. Just friends in Bollywood mean sex partner who are little promoted.”
- In 2012, during the Blender Pride Fashion Week in Mumbai, Ranaut confronted a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for Gavin Miguel.
- Kangana went into a media-lead fight with the actor, Hrithik Roshan, which began with her calling him a “silly ex” and resulted in a full-blown legal battle.
- After Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death, a disagreement happened between Kangana Ranaut and Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut. The whole row initiated after Kangana termed Mumbai unsafe following Rajput’s death on 14 June 2020. Following her comment, the state’s home minister Anil Deshmukh said she had no right to stay in Mumbai. Later, Kangana blamed Sanjay Raut of compromising her and commented“why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan-occupied- Kashmir.” This comment further escalated between the Shiv Sena and Kangana Ranaut. NDTV Amid the growing row between Kangana Ranaut and the Maharashtra government, the Centre government authorized her “Y-plus” security cover. The Times of India
- Following the line between the Maharashtra government and Kangana Ranaut, the BMC officials served a notice of building violations to her, and they put the notice at the gate of her office in Mumbai. The notice was served under section 354/ A of the Municipal Corporation Act, and it featured over a dozen alterations in the bungalow, like a “toilet being converted into office cabin” and “new toilets being constructed alongside the staircase.” The Times of India Later, the BMC began demolishing alleged illegal structures at her office on 9 September 2020; the day when she returned to Mumbai from Manali amid tight security. The actor later took to Twitter to condemn the action by the BMC. She also shared the pictures of her demolished office and captioned them as “Pakistan…” and “Babur and his army.”
Just before Kangana arrived at the Mumbai airport, the Bombay High Court ordered a stop to the demolition work. Later, she shared a video message on her Instagram account where she attacked the Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
Salary & Net Worth
Having a Net worth of $12 million, Kangana charges ₹ 11-12 crore for a film.
- Kangana has been the recipient of three National Film Awards, specifically, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008), Best Actress for Queen (2014), and Best Actress for Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- She has also been awarded four Filmfare Awards; Best Filmfare Debut for Gangster (2006), Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008), Best Actress for Queen (2014), and Best Actress- Critics for Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan are her favorite actors.
- Kangana loves cooking, reading, writing and doing yoga in her free time.
- She mostly prefer eating Berry Burst and Dal-Chawal.
- She likes to play Basketball.
- Her favorite color is Black.
- Kangana Ranaut’s favorite restaurant is KongPoush in Mumbai.
- She likes to wear Chanel No. 5 perfume.
- She is immensely motivated by Sonam Kapoor’s fashion sense.
- Though Kangana isn’t much into watching TV shows and films Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is her favorite film.
- Paris and Milan are her favorite travel destinations.
- She is greatly affected by Mahatma Gandhi’s autobiography called “The story of My Experiments with Truth”.
- Kangana is a non-vegetarian turned vegetarian and was recorded as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA in 2013.
- Ranaut is a well-trained Kathak dancer.
- Miss Kangana Ranaut is one of the youngest Indian actresses to have won the National Film Award at the age of 22.
- Her dream is to buy a farmhouse in Shimla and settle thereafter she retires from work.
- Reportedly, the actress received a whopping Rs. 110 million rupees for Rangoon, which is the largest payment ever made to a Bollywood actress for a movie.
- Kangana really liked on English footballer, David Beckham.
- In the year 2005, her sister Rangoli was attacked with acid by a man, who camouflaged himself as a money order delivery boy.
- Kangana’s family disliked her decision to pursue acting as her career. She was thrown out of her house when she still needed to join the Glamour World.
- Interestingly, Kangana wrote her own dialogues for the film, Queen. She even went to New York for a scriptwriting course but had to leave it halfway in order to promote Queen.
- On 15 January 2020, she dispatched her production company, Manikarnika Films at Pali Hills in Mumbai. Kangana Ranaut Film Studio
- Following the suicide of actor Sushant Singh Rajput on 14 June 2020, Kangana took to social media and accused the nepotism in Bollywood for Sushant Singh Rajput committing a suicide. She took an agree at the so-called privileged lobby in Bollywood and said that the outsiders were treated as outcasts by this entryway.